EBC knows from many years of experience that teaching practice is a very important factor in any TESOL TEFL teacher training course. There is no online replacement for observed teaching practice on real language students in a classroom to prepare you for the real world of teaching. To address this vital need, EBC gives you the option to take a teaching practice module in our Madrid training centre.
We suggest that you seriously consider taking our 2 week teaching practice course after completing the 100 hour online course because it will give you a certificate that is more attractive to potential employers.
The 2 week teaching practice course includes observed teaching practice given to learners at all levels and will give you that much needed advantage over other online only certificate holders that are competing with you for the same jobs.
You may have read on our EBC organisation information page that the EBC selection staff found that teachers that had gone through the allegedly "best" course were lacking in the key area of teaching practice as they had no exposure to teaching full, one hour classes.
This page explains how we run our TEFL course teaching practice so that you get the best possible practical experience teaching English to non-English speakers.
Teaching practice is probably the most important thing you will do on your TEFL course. Prospective employers will almost certainly insist that your course has given you proper training that includes teaching practice given to non-English speakers. The best schools will definitely insist on it.
EBC is one of very few TEFL course training schools that:
- Takes teaching practice seriously.
- Puts in the time to pre-arrange your individualised teaching practice schedule.
- Helps you organise your time by giving you your teaching schedule on the first day of the course.
- Ensures that you teach to non-native English speakers.
- Makes sure that you get to teach to all learner levels from A1 to C2.
Our efforts and training ensure that you make the grade when prospective employers ask you in for an interview.
Teaching practice is included in our 4 week intensive TEFL course and our 2 week teaching practice course.
- You will teach your 8 hours of observed practice classes to non-native English speakers.
- We show you how to create your lessons plans and teaching material.
- We ensure that your teaching practice gives you experience teaching to all levels.
- Teaching to all levels will give you invaluable insight into each level’s learning challenges.
- Your practice prepares you for the real world of teaching.
- You will teach to beginner, intermediate and advanced level learners.
- You will teach at least 2 classes to each of these learner levels.
- You will teach to all levels so that you can see first-hand what each level's learning problems are and the types of questions you are asked.
- Your teaching practice schedule will be given to you on the first day of the course.
- Your classes are grouped by level according to international standards.
- The accepted codes for the international standards are: Beginner (A1/A2) Intermediate (B1/B2) Advanced (C1/C2).
- As well as teaching your practice classes you will also be given 8 hours of trainer demonstration classes.
- As preparation for your practice classes there is an additional 8 hours of trainer observed micro-teaching (dress rehearsals).
EBC's Online course, students login
EBC Online teacher training
New to TEFL?
Take the EBC Introduction to TESOL TEFL course and find out what teaching English is all about.
EBC's training courses are accredited and accepted by schools and language institutes around the world plus our trainers are highly experienced.
Teaching English overseas is a life-changing experience, giving you a unique opportunity to work abroad and immerse yourself in foreign cultures.
Calle Orense 16, 2E
28020 Madrid, Spain.
(+34) 915 553 975
US Toll free phone
1 888 393 4015
UK Toll free phone
0800 845 6719
(+34) 917 702 112